I had a great time reading this article on the best advice dad gave. Dad’s do give the best advice, don’t they? I love thinking about the importance of a dad. They are irreplaceable.
Count your blessings, faith first, a soft answer turneth away wrath… and other principles I remember my dad lecturing on, but most of all I remember his advice by the way he lived. He was an example of service, generosity, diligence, enthusiasm, hard work, belief, and I could go on and on.
- He had personal interviews with us, asking about our friends, our school work, our daily habits.
- He took us on the greenbelt every Saturday to ride our bikes down town.
- He would decorate our lockers on the first day of school, or leave us our favorite treat.
- He would write us notes with his signature smiley face at the bottom.
- The second Tuesday of the month was daddy daughter date night. Each of us would take turns spending one on one time with dad.
- He made us breakfast in the mornings.
- He would wake up early and read scriptures with one of his kids for a full year.
- He supported us in our different activities.
What does your dad do to make you feel special?